How to take an HIV Rapid home Test and understand the results
These rapid tests can be used with whole blood, serum or plasma
NOTE! (This guide is not intended to replace the product insert or your
operating procedure (SOP).)
1. Collect your test items and other necessary supplies
2. Use 1 strip per test and be sure to preserve the lot number on the remaining packet of strips.
3. Label the test strip with client identification number.
4. Pull off the protective foil cover.
5. Collect specimen
6. Apply the specimen to the absorbent pad on the strip.
7. For whole blood only add 1 drop of chase buffer to the specimen pad.
8. Wait 15 minutes (no longer than 60 minutes) before reading the results.