DokitariTech Contests General Terms and Conditions
- Aim of the contest
1.1 The aim of the contest is to develop an innovative minimum viable feature.
1.2 The winning project and other promising projects resulting from the contest may a the discretion of Dokitari, be selected for further development and or eventual implementation.
1.3 The Project Content: This refers to any element or part of the MVP including its idea, concept, any content used in presenting the MVP, software, source code, structure, layouts, graphical images or video, presentation, data, programmes, domain name, blueprints, designs, technical documentation or any relevant content.
2.1 Three winning projects shall be chosen according to the votes cast by the panel of judges and based on the criteria which shall be clearly known to Participants during Day 1 of the contest.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
3.1 Intellectual property rights, guarantees, release of responsibility and assignment of intellectual and moral rights, by participating in the contest and accepting the Terms and Conditions, each Participant hereby:
- Declares and warrants that the Product and Product Content is an original work and in no way violates, in whole or in part, the Intellectual or Property Rights of others and releases Dokitari from any and all responsibility, liability, or request for compensation for damages that should be made by any third party;
- Agrees with effect from creation and irrespective of payment to irrevocably transfer and fully assign: a) all Intellectual Property Rights together with all right, title, ownership and/or interest; and b) any and all Moral Rights in Product and Product Content to Dokitari. No additional consideration shall be payable to you or any third party by Dokitari in respect of such transfer of Intellectual Property Rights;
- Agrees to reasonably assist Dokitari in registering such rights of ownership and Intellectual Property Rights as required by law (e.g. filing of patents and other such registrations as appropriate); and;
- Agrees to indemnify Dokitari (its representatives, employees, assignees) and to hold it harmless against any loss, liability, damage or expense suffered or incurred as a result of breach of this clause.
3.2 Intellectual Property Rights shall include, without limitation, any ideas, concepts, know-how, data processing techniques, copyrights, patents, designs, inventions, trade secrets, software, source code and documentation, notes, memorandum and any other intellectual property rights attaching to the project and project Content created, invented and/or developed by you and/or alongside other Participants pursuant to participation in the contest.
3.3 Moral rights mean any and all rights of authorship including accreditation and control relating to future use or dissemination of the project and/or project Content.
4.1 Dokitari may contact any of the Participants at any point in time for more information and to discuss potential forms of collaboration.
4.2 At any time, at the sole and absolute discretion of Dokitari, Dokitari shall be entitled to disqualify a Participant and/or Team in the event of failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
4.3 The Participant understands and agrees that Dokitari (including their licensees, successors, and legal representatives, and assigns), or any of its associated or affiliated companies, agents, and any third party media agencies will process his/her personal information in connection with Dokitari’s contest.
4.4 These Terms and Conditions, together with any contest registration forms, represent the Participant’s entire agreement with Dokitari with respect to the Contest. These terms cannot be modified or changed except with the written agreement of Dokitari.
4.5 All terms and rules are subject to change at Dokitari’s, event coordinators’ or judges’ discretion. Participants will be informed of such changes if deemed necessary.